At S. S. Steele Homes, we built houses for families to last for generations. By using high-quality building materials, we ensure these structures are sturdy and provide a cozy, safe environment for you and your family.
We buy our wood for building directly from sawmills and have a large warehouse to store it in until it’s ready to be used. When we construct our wall panels and roof trusses using this lumber, it’s completed in an indoor, climate-controlled environment, which means the wood is not exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This ensures the framing material stays in optimal shape during the building process.
Our custom-built homes are constructed with brick on the exterior, which offers a classic appearance for our clients, in addition to these other benefits:
- Temperature Control: When insulation is combined with a brick exterior, it helps ensure the temperature inside your home stays comfortable. Brick helps to stabilize internal temperatures. In the summer, it means the inside temperature won’t get as hot as quickly as it would with other building materials, and brick also retains heat better in the winter to keep you warmer.
- Easy Maintenance: Custom-built brick homes are known for being easy to maintain, as they typically require only an occasional wash with a hose. Bricks also don’t need painting and aren’t as susceptible to decay as other exterior building materials are, and they’re resistant to fire, termites, and weather.
- May Increase Home Value: Many homeowners find brick to be an attractive building material, so if you ever decide to sell in the future, it may help increase its curb appeal and potentially help you garner a higher asking price.
Vinyl Exterior Trim
All our custom-built brick homes use vinyl exterior trim around windows, doors, and eaves, which is where weather elements normally hit their hardest.
The major benefit to vinyl exterior trim is the lack of ongoing maintenance. This type of material doesn’t need to be painted over time, yet it retains a clean, crisp appearance as if it was just painted. This type of material supplies long-term money savings as well since it requires a one-time installation.
The vanity tops in all of our custom-built homes are constructed with marble, and this material offers a variety of benefits for homeowners.
- Affordability: While marble looks stunning and elegant, it actually costs less than many other comparable stone countertop materials.
- Durability: Marble is a strong natural stone, so it’s more resistant to scratching, cracking, and breaking.
- Brightness: Marble seems to emanate its own natural glow within a small space, so in a place such as a bathroom that might lack enough natural light, a marble countertop can make a room appear larger and brighter.
- Elegance: This vanity countertop material has been admired by builders and homeowners for centuries due to its natural beauty and warmth.
In the kitchen, bathroom, utility room, and foyer of your custom-built brick home, you can find durable ceramic flooring, which offers you many advantages.
Glazed ceramic floor tiles have a protective, hard top layer that makes them impervious to water absorption and most stains, so they’re ideal for living areas with high humidity.
At S. S. Steele Homes, we know how humid it can get in areas of southwest Alabama and northern Florida, making ceramic floors an ideal choice for your home.
Ceramic floors are also extremely durable, making them difficult to crack. If a tile does sustain a crack due to a severe impact, the process for replacing a single tile is relatively simple.
These types of floors are also relatively easy to care for. Liquids, dirt, and stains tend to rest on the surface, making it easy to wipe or mop them away.
Contact S. S. Steele Homes For Custom-Built Brick Homes
If you’re interested in learning more about our on-your-lot custom homes and the materials we use or requesting a showing, contact S. S. Steele Homes for more information. We can be reached at 251-661-9600 in Mobile, Alabama, or 850-477-7880 in Pensacola, Florida.